- Hook: 2x long dry fly hook like Tiemco 2312, size 6-14
- Body & Thorax: Tan Superfine or other dry fly dubbing
- Wing: Turkey Tail treated with flexible cement
- Legs: Pheasant Tail fibers, knotted. (1 on each side)
- Parachute Post: White Poly Yarn
- Hackle: Grizzly Saddle Hackle
I am still working on a better thorax/body that will allow the fly to remain on the surface when fished with a dropper. This pattern after a few casts tends to sink when fished with a dropper even when floatant is used. Anybody have any ideas or success stories on keeping the hopper on the surface? Let me know if you do.